Monday, 3 August 2015

Creating a EU Cookie Law consent message with Advanced Ads

View this email in your browser
Last week I received multiple messages from Google to inform me that starting with September 30th, I have to make sure that my sites comply with the EU Cookie Law.

The EU Cookie Law demands publishers with visitors from the European Union to have a privacy policy and a consent message on every page.

Google now picked up on it and is probably going to disable AdSense, DoubleClick for Publishers and AdExchange on websites that don't comply with this law. At least, I expect you to receive a warning if your site is reviewed manually.

Since I already have privacy policies on my websites, I only needed to add the custom message as a sticky bar in the header.

There are some commercial solutions out there like this one, but I also noticed that I can build this without additional costs using Advanced Ads Pro and the Sticky add-on.

If you are interested in how I added the consent message to my sites, then check out my latest tutorial called

How to display an EU Cookie Law complient Info Message

Thomas

PS: if you use the tutorial to set it up and get stuck then just reply to this email to get support.
Copyright © 2015 webgilde GmbH, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in it using our Advanced Ads plugin – the ad management solution for WordPress.

visit Advanced Ads

Our mailing address is:
webgilde GmbH
Dorfstr. 18D
Ranzin 17495
Germany

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences