Friday, 31 July 2015

Extend Advanced Ads

View this email in your browser
The thing I missed most with ad management plugins is that they didn't play well with each other.

I remember a client who used 3 different ad plugins at the same time, each for another goal, but there was simply no way to combine them into one.

As a developer and publisher extendability was my biggest problem in the first place. When I found a feature I liked, like delivering ads to mobile or desktop, I wasn't able to implement it into another plugin without losing automatic updates.

So when I started with Advanced Ads I wanted to make sure that it was not just another kid on the block that didn't like to play with others, but would integrate without problems.

One thing I am very proud of is that you can use shortcodes and functions of other ad plugins within the Advanced Ads ad code and therefore combine features of one with the other.

Other things that guarantee extendability are
  • well structured and documented code so every developer can find problems
  • many (documented) action and filter hooks to extend or manipulate features without losing updatability
  • extra documentation for developers on the website
  • encouragement for other developers to code and share their solutions

Are you a publisher and need a custom extension? Just reply to this email.

Are you a developer and plan to extend Advanced Ads? Let me know about it.

Thanks
Thomas
Copyright © 2015 webgilde GmbH, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in it using our Advanced Ads plugin – the ad management solution for WordPress.

visit Advanced Ads

Our mailing address is:
webgilde GmbH
Dorfstr. 18D
Ranzin 17495
Germany

Add us to your address book


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences